Thursday, September 16, 2010

T-shirts

One of my other passions in life is to take something old, useless, or otherwise forgotten about, and turn it into something beautiful. And as my sister and I were cleaning out our closets today, we found some old T-shirts we had forgotten about. Some of the T-shirts had silly quotes on them, others had cartoon characters, and others were from family vacations. After they didn't fit me anymore I saved all my favorites, thinking that one day I could make something special out of them (I'm a bit of a clutter collector). But luckily for me the world wide web is full of great ideas on how to use your old and sentimental t-shirts in fantastic projects such as the following:

- T-shirt Quilt (found on Craftzine)

- T-shirt Scarf (found on Craftzine)

-T-shirt Bags, Refashioned Clothes and other Projects (found on Generation T)

I think the t-shirt quilt will be added to my project to do list! As my communication studies professor would say... "It is a reflective quilt- representing where you've been and why you've turned out the way you have" :)

Happy t-shirt Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment